293. The Fyansford Line
The Fyansford line was opened in 1918 to serve the Cement Works located at Fyansford.
The line branches from main line at North Geelong Yard, weaving it's way uphill through the suburbs of Geelong until reaching Herne Hill where the plant was located. The cement works themselves are located at the bottom of the hill, with a conveyor system bringing the finished cement to the silos located atop the hill. (Rail Geelong).
See: Footsteps through time Blog 8 As it was and is now…