299. Operational Silos

A despatch department was constructed

adjacent to the junction of Hyland Street and Asylum (now McCurdy) Road. "With the first cement silos and baggage and bulk despatch departments being constructed beside the rail siding, a 20-inch belt conveyor system was laid up the hill to the silos. These first silos were of 1,200 tonnes capacity" (1922-1924). John McNeill, p.31.

See: OS

Thanks Rail Geelong

7 views
Fyansford.com.jpg
2 Senior Downsizers.jpg
© John Flatt 2015
Life is ....jpg